Founding Partner of SIASSI McCUNN BUSSARD, Avocats & Solicitors Law Firm in Geneva, in association with Thomas Miller Law, England. Swiss qualified lawyer, admitted to the Geneva Bar and English solicitor, member of the Law Society of England & Wales, registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Lecturer at the Finance & Banking Institute of Geneva, in the fields of International commodities and shipping transactions, Anti-Money Laundering/Corruption and International Embargos/Sanctions, Trade and Export Control Restrictions. Twenty years of experience within the Legal & Compliance Departments of Republic National Bank of New-York (HSBC Republic), BNP Paribas (Suisse) SA and ING Belgium, Brussels, Geneva Branch, as Senior In-house counsel [Head of Legal, Compliance & Client Secretariat of ING/Head of Litigation, Legal Investigation & Legal Financial Security at BNP Paribas (Suisse) SA]. Acts in a broad range of contractual, financial transactions, pre-contentious and contentious matters, international and cross-border complex transactions. Specialized in international commercial legal and regulatory matters, under both advisory and (pre) litigation issues, including by acting as Counsel in the scope of major international arbitration [International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution (SCAI), Grain and Feed Trade Association (GAFTA)] with a focus on commodities (soft, oil, metal) and shipping transactions.
Appointed Oil & Gas law expert in Switzerland with Global Law Experts: www.globallawexperts.com
Regularly retained by major international commercial and investment banks, specialized commodities funds, commodities traders and shipping companies, for the issuance of Swiss and English legal opinions [capacity, enforceability], in respect of financing transactions, security interest implementation and perfection and sanctions/embargos related issues.
Recent legal opinions:
• Uncommitted Trade Finance Facility, in an aggregate amount of up to USD 90’000'000, governed by English law by a major pool of commercial banks to a Swiss registered oil trading company.
• Senior syndicated secured borrowing base facility agreement, USD 300'000'000, governed by English law, by a major pool of commercial banks to a Swiss based coffee and sugar trader.
• Senior syndicated secured borrowing base facility agreement, USD 200'000’0000, governed by English law, by a major pool of commercial banks to a Swiss based tobacco trader.
• Uncommitted USD $12,500,000.00 facility, governed by English law, granted by a UK based commercial bank, to a Swiss based metal trader based in Switzerland, and pursuant to the requirements of Islamic Financing.
• USD 225,000,000 committed transactional borrowing base revolving pre-export finance facility agreement, governed by English law, granted by a major pool of commercial banks to a Swiss based metal trader.
• Uncommitted trade finance revolving facility in a total amount of up to USD 3’000'000, governed by English law, granted by a commodities specialized fund to a group of companies registered in Switzerland for cotton trading.
• USD 15’000’000, governed by English law, granted by a Nigerian commercial bank to a group of companies, incorporated in Switzerland and Nigeria, in the sector for oil production and trading.
• USD 180 million Committed Secured Syndicated Borrowing Base Facility, governed by English law, granted by a major pool of commercial banks to a group of companies, incorporated in Switzerland, the Russian Federation, the United Arb Emirates and Kazakhstan.
Work-Out, asset tracing, recovery and (pre) contentious matters:
Assisted by his partners in Switzerland, a team of highly qualified and specialized litigation Swiss and English attorneys, in association with the Thomas Miller Law Firm in England and a worldwide network of corresponding counsels, Cyrus SIASSI acts on a regular basis in the scope of work-out, asset tracing, recovery and (pre) contentious matters, in Switzerland, Europe, Asia, Africa and South-America.